The lasting end to depression, anxiety and all unhealthy consciousness is to find delight in the things of God. To delight yourself in the Lord is to find pleasure in God; to enjoy serving Him.
Serving the Lord is an opportunity and should be enjoyed. Psalm 100:2 says, “Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.” Your disposition or attitude matters to God when offering service to Him.
“To be soft and tender” is the Greek meaning of the word “Delight.” God expects that we are not arrogant and nonchalant when serving in his court. He expects that we be soft, paying attention to details, and very accommodating of others. Hallelujah!
Serving the Lord, can be done in various ways and I will highlight five today.
- Sing unto God: You are in the presence of God by virtue of the fact that the Holy Spirit of God resides in you. You have become His temple and as such, God always want to hear you sing unto Him. He wants you to write your own psalms to Him, telling if His wondrous works in your life.
- Dance before God: God loves to see you dance before Him. Your dancing shows appreciation, and gratitude to Him. Your expression of Joy give God pleasure. There are many who would rather dance in the club than to dance in the presence of God including while they are gathered together with other believers i the local assembly. Dance unto God for He loves it when when do.
- Meditate and memorize scriptures: You may wonder how this is serving the Lord. When God gives us an instruction and we do it, God sees it as service to Him. We have read in the scripture when God told Joshua to study and meditate on the word. The word of God is God’s conduit for your success and prosperity and it gives God so much joy to see you living a successful and prosperous lifestyle. Praise God. Read your Bible everyday, send time to digest it and lay hold of every opportunity to talk to someone about it. This is serving the Lord.
- Honour God with your money (tithe and give). Giving to God is service unto Him. God has instructed that we give our tithes and offerings in the place where we are being fed. When we give in our local assembly, we are giving to God. Your tithes and offerings to the church is honour to God. Aside that, your general generosity to your spiritual leaders, friends, family, and to the poor is also honour and service to God. God expects us to help the widow or orphans in our communities and when we do this, it gives Him pleasure. Praise God!
- Serve in His house. If you belong to a local assembly, God expects you to serve by making yourself available to a service unit. Find out the various service groups and be a part of one as God has enabled you. You might have the enablement to sing, clean, handle cameras, organize, plan events, or usher in people. Use it in the house of God joyfully.
There are certain Favour’s you may never enjoy until you delight or find pleasure in serving the Lord for it is only then as we read in the opening verse, that your desires and secret petitions will be granted unto you. Hallelujah!
I delight myself in you oh God of my life.
I receive the grace to serve you with gladness of heart and to be available to you in your house.
I declare that as I serve, the desires of my heart are granted unto me in the name of Jesus. Amen.
(Reality Digest was written by Apostle Panebi Wilson – Lead Pastor, Grace Reality Centre.)
If you want to get this digest to your mail box everyday, please send an email to email@example.com or follow our social media platforms @gracerealitycentre